Cheat Kill Without Gaining Infamy
You need an anti-material rifle with incendiary ammo for this cheat. Equip your rifle and change the ammo type to incendiary. Use VATS on a target and quit the VATS after targeting. Now the target is on fire without you gaining infamy or agroing anyone. You may use this trick several times on stronger targets. Note: This cheat worked before later updates; it may be patched.
Cheat Infinite Magazines
In Freeside, go to the Old Mormon Fort. Seek out Julie Farkes inside the Fort. Choose the dialogue option to help them get medical supplies. Click through the dialogue options to hear one that tells you that she just got a shipment of magazines. After all this you will need to choose the option "I have some medical supplies to drop off." There are three options; choose the Rad-Away as this is the easiest one of the three to find. You only need to leave one thing if you don't care about fame. Every time you give them something you will gain more fame.
After you give them the supplies choose the option "I'd like to buy medical supplies." There are a few aid supplies here that you can get if you want although they will not regenerate. In the supply list you can find the Magazines. Buy up what you want and then exit. After that, choose the option to give med supplies again. This time you need not give them anything just choose the "Never mind" option. Go back to "Buy medical supplies" and you can repeat teh process for more magazines. You can do it infinitely as long as you choose to drop off supplies first. You can even come back to at a later time. Here are the magazines you can score:
Fix-in' Things - Repair +10
Load's Life - Survival +10
Meeting People - Speech +10
Programmer's Digest - Science +10
Salesman Weekly - Barter +10
Today's Physician - Medical -10
Hint Deckard's Gun from Blade Runner
The store in Novac has "That Gun," a gun that resembles Deckard's Gun from Blade Runner. This is also the name of a gun in previous Fallout games.
Easter Egg Fun with Fisto the Sexbot
In Fallout 3 there was a upgraded power fist called "Fisto!" Fisto makes a return in Fallout New Vegas as a sexbot that you must find for the quest "Wang Dang Automatic Tango." In the quest, you find Fisto in cerulean robotics. Once you release him from his tube, he gives you the option to test him out.
After completing the side quest to find a sex robot for the silver rush Fisto will make his way to the Silver Rush Casino. Inside next to the roulette table when you speak to him he'll offer his services but if you reply "No thanks" it will give you ten caps. This can provide an unlimited supply of caps if you're willing to activate the chat over and over again.
Hint: Unique Weapons
Each weapon type in Fallout 3 has a unique weapon with special capabilities. Here is a list of where you can find these unique weapons.
The Rat Slayer: In Freeside, go to The Atomic Wrangler Bar and talk to the female bartender. Ask about getting a room, but instead of paying the 10 caps, ask if you could work out a deal. She will give you a quest in which you have to collect the debt of 3 people throughout Freeside. One the them is named Lady Jane and can be found by the entrance to New Vegas in the day. When you question her about her debt she will say she doesn't have the money, but a carvan of her's in a place called Broc Flower Cave does.
If your Speech/Barter is high enough you can convince her to cough the money up, but for the sake of the weapon you will want to go to the cave. She will warn you about the Rodents of Unusual Size (A Princess Bride refrence). Once you arrive at the cave go down the path to the right. A dead Brahmin on the left of the irradiated dead end has the money. To the right is a semi-hidden passageway upward to to 2 or 3 R.O.U.Ses and a stockpile of supplies including The Rat Slayer, an unique Varmint Rifle.
Thump Thump: At Nelson, after you get into the base, help the leader with the ant problem. Once your down there, look for two generators. Don't go to them, but go right to the other side to find a skeleton with the Thump Thump and around 20 or 30 rounds.
T-51b Power Armor. Armor or to be precise armors are located near HELIOS 1 . From there head west towards the cliffs. From the cliffs turn left and head to a small canyon, which by the way is full of scorpions, that leads to a "Scorpion gulch". There you have 2 options up left or up right. Up left is Brotherhood of Steels camp, but we head up right. When you detect small amounts of radiation you're close. Kill a few centaurs that are leaching the radiation and you see a possible meteor crater with large amounts of radiation. At the bottom you see two(2) dead Brotherhood of Steel Paladins who wear T-51b Power Armors. Armors are in pretty bad shape, but after repairing them you own possibly best armor of the game.
Easter Egg: Indiana Jones Reference
If you head south on the road out of Goodsprings (about 100 yds) you will come across a refrigerator at the base of a hill with a skeleton inside. On the skeletons head? A fedora. This is a reference to the latest (lamest?) Indiana Jones movie The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Achievement/Trophy Hint: Snow Globes
The Globe Trotter Achievement / Trophy requires you to collect seven Snow Globes in New Vegas. Here are the locations of all seven:
Mt. Charleston Snow Globe - Jacobstown / In the lodge, search the entrance and reception area. This Snow Globe is sitting on a curved desk by some terminals.
Mormon Fort - Old Mormon Fort / Julie Farkas has an office inside a tower at the fort. The Snow Globe is on top of a bookcase here.
Test Site - Lucky 38 Casino / Head to the cocktail lounge and look for the cash register. It's across from the entrance. The Snow Globe is behind the register.
The Strip - Vault 21 / After you access Sarah's locked bedroom, grab this Snow Globe off of the table between the two beds.
Nellis AFB - Nellis Air Force Base / Pete's makeshift museum holds this Snow Globe. It's on a table in the corner under a mural.
Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam / Search the visitor center for a terminal near two curved desks. The Snow Globe can be found on a desk here.
Goodsprings - Goodsprings Cemetery / Near the water tower is a patch of upturned soil by a small, rectangular grave marker. The Snow Globe is sitting in front of the marker.
Cheat: Free and Unlimited Caps, Items and More
Like Fallout 3, you can use this trading exploit to earn essentially infinite amounts of caps, items, repairs and ammunition. Here's how:
1) Find any shop-based trader and sell him any stuff in your inventory that you don't need and complete the transaction. This will boost the amount of money he has.
2) Find something in your inventory that you have two of or something that you and the shop keeper both have. Sell an item or two to the trader so he has two of them.
3) Check that the two identical items are of different values once they are in the trader's inventory. The bigger the difference in value, the better.
4) Now buy the cheaper of the two identical items and complete the transaction, but do not leave the trade session. Look for the item in your inventory. The item should have gone up in value dramatically and should be 100% repaired, even though when you sold the item initially it wasn't! If it isn't 100% repaired for whatever reason, sell the item back to him anyway and repeat steps 3-4, trying a different item if necessary.
5) Now you will be able to sell the same item for a high price and buy it back at a low price until you have drained his money completely. If you want, you can hold onto the item as it will be fully repaired -- simply keep it on the final round which will leave him with a small amount of money. Either sell the item back to him again once he is out of money, or if you are keeping it, sell him something else of high value and he will owe you that amount. The transaction price will go dim and remain at whatever amount of money he has left.
6) Search through the trader's inventory and find stuff you need. Stimpaks, ammo, miscellaneous item, weapons and armor are all fair game. Eventually, the transaction price will light up again and you may owe him a few caps depending on how much of his stuff you added to the deal. Complete the transaction.
7) If you wait three days he will have new stock and around 650 caps. The longer you wait, the more robust his inventory will become and the more caps he'll have for you to take when you're ready to do this all over again.
Note: Be sure to save while using this method since the game is prone to crashing during the transaction.
Easter Egg: Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen from Star Wars?
A scene resembling the burned corpses of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen can be found within the town of Nipton out front of a burned down building (Moisture Farm?). It's a short walk to the right of the town hall's front entrance.
Cheat: Infinite XP
There are several ways to get XP through "devious means," here's a list of some of the most effective methods. Note: These methods are based on game bugs that may not be reproduce-able in every version of the game.
1)You'll need to have a speech skill level of 50 or higher before attempting this trick. Approach Old Ben who sits by a fire near the King headquarters in Freeside. Persuade him to escort you to the local bar. For beating the Speech Challenge you'll get 61 XP. Follow him back to the bar and let him sit down. Speak to him again and you can do the Speech Challenge infinitely for unlimited XP.
2) This trick requires 30 Speech skill or the Confirmed Bachelor perk and you must be friendly with NCR. Go to HELIOS One and the woman should automatically talk to you. Once she allows you access to HELIOS One, you should be able to start the "That Lucky Old Sun" mission. Proceed with the mission and talk to Fantastic and Ignacio Rivas. While talking to Rivas, make sure you get him to reveal that he is a Follower of the Apocalypse by using Speech or Confirmed Bachelor and agree with his ideals about peace or say you are neutral. Complete the mission regularly until you get to the point where you activate the Mainframe Terminal. Configure the Power Grid to "5 Full Region (Emergency Output Level)." Finish the mission by hitting the Reflector Control Panel outside on top of the tower. Go back to Ignacio Rivas, and choose the "I overloaded the plant. No one ..." option. That option will never disappear. Keep selecting that option to get 350 XP, 3 Stimpacks, and 2 Doctor's Bags.
3) Go to Vault 11 and you will get a small quest to find out what happened there. Once you get the overseer's passcode and enter it into her computer you will be led to the "sacrifical chamber." Use a stealthboy to get past everyone and when the walls on the left open (as you walk in) go into the door and access the computer mainframe. You will be given 3 options, "Override" and "Download" for 2 conversations. Click on the second download and you get 500 XP. DO NOT EXIT THE MAINFRAME. Simply click it again... another 500 XP. You can do this repeatedly to max out your character.
4) You will need a Barter skill of 35 or higher for this. In the southeast corner of the map you will find Cottonwood Cove (alongside the river) you will meet a man named Aurelius of Phoenix (he sometimes wanders off out of the camp). Speak to him and choose to barter with his camp for ammo and supplies. Clicking on this nets you 35 XP but it does not stop conversation and can be continuously clicked for rapid XP gain. Even if you have Vilified yourself with The Legion this exploit still works.
Hint: Don't Get Caught Stealing.
1.You have to be somewhere where there is a spot out of the line of sight of all the surounding NPC's.
2.Figure out a good spot to hide in and save your game.
3.Click the right stick while you have selected the item you want to steal, but do not press the A button to steal it.
4.This will allow you to safely carry the item to your designated hiding spot.
5.Now crouch and when it says [HIDDEN] you can steal it without losing reputation, or having an NPC attack you.
You may lose karma so try it once to make sure you won't have an undesired karma effect. A great place for this trick would be the Van Graff energy weapon shop.You can do this with any of the items on the counter and there is a hiding spot on the back side of the room.Enjoy!