NCAA Football 13 Xbox 360 User Review
Super Gamer Dude
NCAA Football 13 has been released by Tiburon, the company that has been designing this game series for a long time. This is the most popular American football game series in the world and the 2013 version carries on the tradition. The game allows you to play with almost every NCAA Division I, II, or III team in existence. The new game is all about improving what has already existed. It is not a complete overhaul because it does not need to be. There are so many different tweaks that have been made to make the game better than ever and they seem to have done the trick.
- There are 20 new dropbacks that quarterbacks can engage in.
- There are 25 pass trajectory zones that exist, compared to one last year.
- There are 8 moves for quarterbacks to avoid the rush when they are in the pocket.
- In terms of receiver awareness which shows that a receiver wants the ball.
- With passing, there are new animations and the shovel pass even exists.
- The play action can be aborted after the snap and can be switched to the run if a full on press is expected.
- There are 430+ new types of catches compared to the 2012 version. You can pitch from the tackle and there are some great hot routes for different receivers.
- The defense is also improved and it is a lot easier to defend in the perfect way that you want to.
The game has some terrific aspects to it. You can take control of any team and get it through an entire season, or multiple seasons. You control every aspect of the team, including recruiting players from high schools.
The Heisman Challenge mode is something that everyone will enjoy. You can choose from a list of potential Heisman winning players and then try and win the trophy with them. This is interesting as it becomes all about one player, not the team. You want to win but you want to win with your one player doing something terrific.
Despite being a good game, there are issues with it that some fans will not like. The presentation is very good for the most part, but there are glitches that take place all the time. The biggest issue is with the commentators. While they are insightful at times, most of the time they are talking about something completely incorrectly. Even if you spend the whole season being a running team, they will still talk about you prematch or during match as a team that predominantly passes. That is just one example.
There are also graphics flaws that exist with the crowd and sideline animations that will appear annoying to people. But ultimately, this is a game that has the best gameplay most have seen from an American football game. The rest of the stuff can be dealt with as it is so fun to watch.