The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition is a celebration of the fourth release in the classic Elder Scrolls Role-playing Game (RPG) series. Designed as a comprehensive entry point into the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion gameplay experience for new players prior to the release of the next major game in the franchise, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition contains all of the major content releases in the Oblivion series, including the base Oblivion game and its two expansion packs: The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine and The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles. This ultimate Oblivion release also includes a variety of exclusive bonus items. See the complete list of these below.
- Live Another Life in Another World: Create and play any character you can imagine, from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.
- First Person Melee and Magic: An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
- Radiant AI: This groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivion's characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.
- New Lands to Explore: In the Shivering Isles expansion, see a world created in Sheogorath's own image, one divided between Mania and Dementia and unlike anything you've experienced in Oblivion.
- Challenging new foes: Battle the denizens of Shivering Isles, a land filled with hideous insects, Flesh Atronachs, skeletal Shambles, amphibeous Grummites, and many more.