PES 2009 is the latest installment of the award-winning Pro Evolution Soccer Series, which is known by millions of fans for its superior gameplay and incredible realism. For PES 2009, Konami is already planning a raft of extensive new additions that will further bridge the gap between PES and the real thing. The new game has undergone a stunning graphical update to ensure its players look and move even more like their real-life counterparts. Similarly, all-new options allow users to tailor the game to their own tastes, while new moves, innovative new control elements and key online elements will further the realism of the new game.
- New player models, AI elements and physics routines
- 'Become a Legend' mode - Start your career as a rookie midfielder or striker and work your way through the ranks to become a pro. Play in your favourite attacking position and work as part of a team, as opposed to controlling every player.
- 'Legends' online mode - Use your saved 'Become a Legend' player in online matches with like-minded friends, and show off your skills on the larger online stage.
- Redefined intricacies of first touch, close control and ball distribution
- Enhanced shooting and AI mechanisms
- The new control system makes full use the D-Pad and analogue stick to perform contextual tricks and feints within the players run.
- Weather, air resistance and ground friction all have an affect on the balls motion - alter your play to match the conditions just like in real-life.
- Teamvision AI has been extended allowing computer controlled team mates to adapt their tactics more realistically.
- A reworked Master League means a players' loyalty and mood now affects their performance on the pitch.
- Enhanced realism through aesthetic updates, including stadium environments and atmosphere.