The Lord of the Rings Tactics will put players in the universe of Middle-earth from the books and films and allow them to lead the Fellowship or take control of the forces of Shadow. The tactical RPG game features a rich system of items, upgrades and skills for the player to customise their heroes.
Players can guard their heroes, which include Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Gandalf and Sauron, among others. They can also seize high ground, set ambushes and trap enemies while fighting battles across famous locations of the books and films to determine the future of Middle-earth.
The Lord of the Rings Tactics will feature a multiplayer mode that will allow up to four players to pit their customised heroes via WiFi. A unique, simultaneous turn-taking system allows for fast-paced play.
Tactical RPGs are turn-based role-playing games. Differentiating features of a tactical RPG are: 1) turn-based play: similar in strategy to chess--where players plan several moves in advance; 2) played on a grid of many squares; and 3) more characters are controlled than in a traditional RPG.
- Tactical RPG game featuring dozens of famous characters
- Lead and develop the Fellowship or Shadow
- Customisable characters and a rich system of items, upgrades and skills
- Guard your characters, seize high ground, set ambushes and trap enemies
- Multiplayer supports up to four players via WiFi
- Film clips from all three New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings films
- Simultaneous turn-taking in single and multiplayer